On Sep 4, 7:28 pm, david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi David,

> I just installed the VMWare  player and SAGE on my Windows XP
> machine.  The sage notebook does not come up, a slew of error messages
> are given, and the VMWare folder sharing does not seem to work.  I
> would post the error messages but there does not seem to be a way to
> copy data out of the VMWare player, nor to scroll upward in the
> window.  I also tried to run a browser outside of VMWare and open the
> localhost address given, but it did not work.  Any tips?  The sage
> version is 3.0.1 release data 2008-05-05, the VMWare is current as of
> 9-04-08.

That is rather old. Where did you get the VMWare image? The current
download version is 3.0.6 (Sage 3.1.1 is out, but the VMWare image has
not been updated yet).

I suspect your download is either corrupted or incomplete. What size
is it?

> Also the VMWare only uses about a 1/4 of the screen, even in full
> screen mode, is there a way to enlarge the font in the shell?

Hmm, VMWare might have some settings, but there is not many knobs to
tweak.

> best regards,
>
> David

Cheers,