On Sep 30, 6:32 am, Simon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> On Sep 30, 3:21 pm, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> dortmund.de> wrote:
> > Please test the spkg at #4222. I am 99% sure it will solve your
> > problem.
>
> I just did:
> * removed r-2.6.1... from build/ and from standard/,
> * downloaded your package
> * make
>
> Unfortunately, I belong to the 1%. It is the same error as before. Or
> did I do a mistake in the above steps?

Did you drop the spkg in $SAGE_ROOT/standard/spkg?

> > It would make Sage compile, but it would potentially cause subtle
> > issues with tab completion for example if the system's readline is
> > old.
>
> Is there a system's readline? "which readline" shows nothing!

Well, your likely have to install the readline development package
from your package manager. You can also likely copy the readline
headers from Sage into /usr/include and then R should compile, but
that is not very clean. Note that the readline headers are in a
readline directory.

> Yours
>      Simon

Cheers,