On Oct 28, 10:06 am, Martin Rubey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Oct 28, 9:55 am, Martin Rubey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > <SNIP>

> > > Tried, doesn't fix the problem.
>
> > > thanks anyway.  Oh dear, there will be some more chaos tomorrow.
>
> > Judging from your post on fricas-devel you are using not the
> > fricas-1.0.3.spkg. Can you try installing it and see if that fixes the
> > problem?
>
> Hm, not really.  For my students, it's a site wide installation (and I'm not
> root) and it was already quite an effort to get sage running in the first
> place.

All you need to do is

 ./sage -i fricas-1.0.3.p0

This doesn't touch anything outside $SAGE_ROOT. I really hope that you
aren't running sage as the root user, too.

>  On my laptop, it's actually better to be close to my students
> installation.

Ok. As stated above the optinal fricas.spkg touches nothing and does
not interfere with any other FriCAS installed on the system.

> I guess I should have tested sage more thoroughly before embarking on this
> adventure.
>
> Still, many many thanks for your support,

No problem. Let us know if you run into any trouble.

> Martin

Cheers,

Michael