On Oct 28, 10:44 am, Martin Rubey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > You need to have write permission to the $SAGE_ROOT tree to install
> > any spkg.
>
> Would be really nice, if this could be changed in future.  Suppose university
> provides sage, but without package SupiDupi, which is really super trooper.
> Then I need to install all of sage again....

Yep, it would be nice and has been suggested and discussed before. But
it can introduce a number of subtle bugs when several user install
various versions of the same package and so on. As is one cannot
develop with the Sage library in a "multi user setting" either [at
least not in an elegant way].

> Martin

Cheers,

Michael