On Dec 27, 5:39 am, gerhard <ge01...@yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi,

> Thank you Michael,
> that worked - sage 'make test' succeeds

Ok.

> Now I ran into another question I had solved before?
>
> How do I display a png file in the notebook?
> I can't find it in the documentation?!
> Started reading code, but the answer ought to be trivial...
>
> filename = tmp_filename() + '.png'
> r.png(file='"%s"'%filename)
> a=r([1,2,3]);b=r([4,5,6])
> r.plot(a,b)
> r.dev_off()
>
> #now what do I do?
> show??
>
> -gerhard

Check out interfaces/r.py:

    def png(self, *args, **kwds):
        """
        Creates an R PNG device.

        Note that when using the R pexpect interface in the notebook,
you need
        to call r.dev_off() in the same cell as you opened the device
on in order
        to get the plot to appear.

        EXAMPLES:
            sage: filename = tmp_filename() + '.png'
            sage: r.png(file='"%s"'%filename)  #optional requires R
png support
            NULL
            sage: x = r([1,2,3]) #optional
            sage: y = r([4,5,6]) #optional
            sage: r.plot(x,y)    #optional
            NULL
            sage: r.dev_off()    #optional
                null device
                          1
            sage: import os; os.unlink(filename) #optional

The current r.spkg does not build the png interface per default which
is a bug IMHO, but I haven't looked into fixing this yet.

Cheers,

Michael