On Mar 20, 5:52 pm, Nils Bruin <nbr...@sfu.ca> wrote:
> sage: DB = CremonaDatabase()
> sage: L = [ N.str()+c[0] for N in (lambda l: xrange(l[0],l[1]))
> (DB.conductor_range()) for c in DB.allbsd(N).items() if
>                  round(RDF(c[1][4]))%81 == 0]
>  - the whole lambda expression to make the pair output by
> DB.conductor_range() into an iterable. Is there a syntactically more
> pleasing construct in python for that?
> (for instance variables local to expressions. In Magma speak: "[a..b]
> where (a,b)=DB.conductor_range()")

Note that you're skipping the last conductor in the database, I
think... DB.conductor_range? indicates that the returned values
represent an inclusive range, but range/xrange/etc. take their second
argument as an exclusive bound.  (This is easy to fix with the above
xrange expression, but I don't see how to fix it with the simple *args
syntax.)

Carl