On May 3, 10:31 pm, saratchand <chandcsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sage Community,

Hi,

> You are aware that Sage has been included in Ubuntu 9.04. I have
> created a
> Ubuntu community documentation page for Sage
> at:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SAGE
> It was a rush job at best, by someone whose interest in Sage sprung
> from the
> possibility of using Sage to run Maxima.
> I request someone from the Sage team to clean up the Ubuntu community
> documentation page for Sage and also make it known widely that Sage is
> available from Ubuntu 9.04; in case this has not been done as yet.
> Yours,
> C. Saratchand

Thanks for the heads up and creating the page. Note that the Sage
version in Ubuntu (and Debian in general is rarher outdated - you do
mention the current version 3.4.1), but the version in Debian should
be updated in about a month to 4.0.x, see

    http://wiki.sagemath.org/debian/sage-4.0.x-in-experimental

That won't help Ubtunu 9.04 too much, but I am hoping it will make it
into 9.10.

Cheers,

Michael