Hi,
This is great to hear about.
I have created a blog this night.
http://sageworldmath.blogspot.com/

Will be posting my experience with SAGE. I also run KUBUNTU 8.04 and
might add some documentation to the page you provided.

I suppose it is still better to compile latest version of SAGE rather
than install outdated one. But the docs will be useful in terms of
configuration and installation of SAGE on UBUNTU.

Regards,

Serge A. Salamanka