Hi,

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:44:21 -0700 (PDT)
John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 7:37 pm, Marshall Hampton <hampto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Latex doesn't actually support \sech, so this can't really be
> > considered an error on Sage's part.
> >
> > Note that
> >
> > sage: latex('sech(x)')
> >
> > gives
> >
> > \text{sech(x)}
>
> On the other hand,
>
> sage: latex(sech)
>
> gives
>
> \sech
>
> I think the problem is in sage/functions/hyperbolic.py:
>
>         PrimitiveFunction.__init__(self, "sech", latex=r"\sech",
>                                    approx=lambda x: 1/math.cosh(x))
>
> Which hyperbolic functions have broken latex methods?

Here is the relevant ticket:

In the symbolic function refactoring patch [1], I fixed the problems
with sin^{-1}. It seems that \sech still remains

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/6f1efcad26909d3

I will try to clean up the symbolic functions patch next week and
submit it for review. I can try to fix the other typesetting problems
then if nobody beats me to it.

Cheers,
Burcin