Hi all,

Given the fast development pace of sage, I would like to know if it's
possible to do a binary upgrade between releases, similar to what sage
-upgrade does now. I think it's a bit cumbersome to download 400-500 gigs
and uncompress this big tarball every month - two months, especially for
people with old computers, small hard drives and/or who live in developing
countries where internet connections are not too good.

If I understand correctly every sage package is released as a spkg tarball,
so couldn't it be possible that sage just downloads the packages that have
changed between releases and uncompress them in the main sage root?

Sorry if my question has been answered before.

Thanks,
Carlos