On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi support,
>
> Two questions.  The first should be easy, second maybe not.
>
> 1. Any links to someone actually doing multiple cool basic stats
> examples using R from within Sage?  I couldn't find any in a quick
> Wiki and sagemath.org search, but that doesn't mean they aren't
> there.   I need this for a demo I'll be giving in a little more than a
> week, from the notebook.  Plotting e.g. histograms would be even
> better, but I think there are some issues with that currently?  Keep
> in mind I want to do this pretty much natively with R inside Sage,
> either using r.command or r evaluation option in the notebook - trying
> to keep it simple, just showing the capability.

For basic stats, see http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7197
which finally just got a positive review.    This should go into
sage-4.3, I hope.   It does simple symbolic descriptive stats, but
will also fall back to numpy, etc., when the input is from numpy
(etc.).

For histograms, I always use finance.TimeSeries, which is very fast
and has a nice (but simple) histogram function.

William