On 06/ 4/10 06:21 AM, Thierry Dumont wrote:
To compile Lie you must (or your systeme administrator) add some tools
on your machine:
-bison
-the ncurses lib.
On an Ubuntu machine, I installed (apt-get): libncurses5, libncursesw5 ,
ncurses-base ncurses-bin and bison. It will take 5 minutes to your
administrator. Then it will be ok.

t.d.

Is this a common or obscure package?

As a test, I tried to see if it would install on Solaris, which it did, despite having a very obvious bug in it.

There is a bit of code in spkg-install which says:

if [ $UNAME = "SunOS" ]; then
cp pathces/Makefile.sun src/Makefile
else
cp patches/Makefile src
fi

Note the mis-spelling "pathces". So the Sun makefile never gets copied on Solaris (SunOS). Because of this, the spkg-install script reports:

cp: cannot access pathces/Makefile.sun

but it still works! I wonder why someone decided to add a Sun-specific Makefile, only to not bother testing if that Makefile got used or not.

Dave