On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 at 08:36PM -0800, DigDug_the_2nd wrote:
> I am trying to choose whether to use Sage a Ubuntu machine or a Mac
> running Leopard on a 64 bit Duo 2 Core processor. As I understand it,
> Sage started in the Linux world and still can't run well under Windows
> with out using virtualization. I am new to Macs but I thought the Mac
> OS was more similar to Linux than Windows is and comes loaded with
> python. Does this mean that Sage can run all of its features in
> Leopard without virtualization, or are their some limitations?
> Thanks in advance for putting up with a newbie

Sage should work perfectly on a Mac running Leopard. There are many Sage
developers and users who run Sage on Intel Macs.

You'll need to install XCode if you want to compile Sage from source, or
you can just use one of the pre-built binaries for OS X 10.5.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake