Hi all

Sage's developer prescriptions is to use spaces and no tab. The default editor on the LiveCD uses TAB ... well.

I got some troubles with that when I used on the live cd a program I wrote in my normal editor.

More specifically, my user-case is that I had exercises with my students on the live cd (don't ask why;)[1]). I gave them a file in which most of the sage's code was already written; they only had to perform minor changes. The ones who used TAB got the error of inconsistent indentation due to mixing of TAB and spaces.

I think that the default configuration of the default editor on the live cd should make spaces when the TAB key is pressed.

What do you think about ?

Laurent

[1] I don't want to denounce in which university you can boot public computers on a live cd.