On 10/26/11 4:20 PM, D. S. McNeil wrote:
<thread hijack but not really>

Most likely, the problem here is that numpy doesn't recognize Sage Integer
objects as being convertable to python integers.  I think this is a failing
of numpy (it should check the __index__ method to see if it can convert the
Integer to a python integer).

Speaking of numpy issues, does someone with more influence than I have
(i.e. anyone with nonvanishing influence) want to reraise the
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/10928 issue with the numpy
guys?

If you submit a numpy pull request, you will have more influence than the rest of us combined. You might say: email talks; code walks [1].

Jason

[1] not-so-elegant reference to "talking the talk" vs. "walking the walk"