Volker Braun wrote:
I'm against dicking around with HOSTNAME just in case it might be
invalid. This just leads to a maintenance nightmare where every script
that uses HOSTNAME needs to perform the same sanitation.

Well, depends on where it breaks (and why).

We have Python scripts that (should) use the value(s) from our env.py, and shell scripts that (should usually) source sage-env.

So if we "sanitize" HOSTNAME etc. at all (or just bail out on invalid settings), it should^TM be sufficient to do that in these two files.

Probably easier than changing all locations (mostly Python files setting up / invoking shell commands I think) where we could run into trouble.

For starters, you just broke the sage cleaner again.

?  I just quoted the changes that have been made.

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail