On 2013-09-10, Vince <vincent.kni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen that lrs can be installed as an optional package in Sage but I
> can't quite any further then that. Once lrs is installed:
> `install_package('lrs-4.2b.p1')` how do I actually use some of the commands
> from the library? (Such as `setupnash` which I'm pretty sure has been
> built).

it's built, but not installed. It should go to $SAGE_LOCAL/bin
but the spkg-install doesn't do it (as you can see for yourself if you
unpack the spkg file)

IMHO the only place lrs is actually interfaced in Sage is
geometry/polyhedron/base.py
to compute the volume of a polytope.
(the function _volume_lrs).

It should get you started on how to deal with other lrs programs...

> Also, if there is any, how do I access any Sage documentation for lrs? (I
> already use lrs a fair bit but always as a standalone program. I was hoping
> to use it within Sage to perhaps write some bi-matrix class objects).

As I said above, you'd need to add something to Sage proper to interface nash
etc...
But this looks doable.

HTH,
Dima