On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:55:02 AM UTC-4, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On 2013-09-10, Vince <vincent...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> > I've seen that lrs can be installed as an optional package in Sage but I
> > can't quite any further then that. Once lrs is installed:
> > `install_package('lrs-4.2b.p1')` how do I actually use some of the
> commands
> > from the library? (Such as `setupnash` which I'm pretty sure has been
> > built).
>
> it's built, but not installed. It should go to $SAGE_LOCAL/bin
> but the spkg-install doesn't do it (as you can see for yourself if you
> unpack the spkg file)

In the meantime it seems to be there.  I just installed it, created a file
like in the example in the
userguide http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~avis/C/lrslib/USERGUIDE.html, and in
sage/ did

$ local/bin/lrs ~/cube.ine

*lrs:lrslib v.4.2b, 2006.10.31(32bit,lrsmp.h)
*Copyright (C) 1995,2006, David Avis   a...@cs.mcgill.ca
*Input taken from file /Users/karl.crisman/cube.ine
cube
V-representation
begin
***** 4 rational
 1  1  1  1
 1 -1  1  1
 1  1 -1  1
 1 -1 -1  1
 1  1  1 -1
 1 -1  1 -1
 1  1 -1 -1
 1 -1 -1 -1
end
*Totals: vertices=8 rays=0 bases=8 integer_vertices=8
*lrs:lrslib v.4.2b, 2006.10.31(32bit,lrsmp.h) max digits=8/100
*0.001u 0.001s 626688Kb 0 flts 0 swaps 0 blks-in 0 blks-out

So that is good news!  We'd also probably want to integrate further by
observing "If you have GNU MP installed, "make gmp" will produce binaries
glrs/gredund using this library. It may be necessary to edit the makefile
to specify the path to gmp."

Also, see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-devel/oH6Jrjs-HUY
for a very interesting "historical" discussion about lrs and Sage.

- kcrisman