Thanks for the help guys.

When I changed the drive file system from ntfs to ext4 it cleared past the
error. Now I am getting

Sage build/upgrade complete!

To install small scripts to directly run Sage's versions of GAP,
the PARI/GP interpreter, Maxima, or Singular etc. (by typing e.g.
just 'gap' or 'gp') into a standard 'bin' directory, start Sage
by typing 'sage' (or './sage') and enter something like

    install_scripts('/usr/local/bin')

at the Sage command prompt ('sage:').

should I run sage directly or do something.