On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 10:11 AM Aleksandra Pietrzkiewicz
<aleksandra.mazur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an issue with compatibility, I think.
> I want to call some functions from sage script (but saved as .py) from
> another python3 script.
> so my matrix.py is like:
>
> #!/usr/bin/sage
> from sage.all import *
>
> def my_field(dim):
>    return GF(2**dim, 'a')
> #and more here - like creating special matrixes

This would be fine to run as ./matrix.py (assuming your Sage is indeed
 /usr/bin/sage, else you need to replace
this with the correct path).

 If you just want to import is as a Python module then you don't need
the 1st #! line at all.

> and I want to call it from python3 script (smth.py) like:
> import matrix.py
> M = gen_matrix(my_field(4))
>

> but I do always get some issues, like: ModuleNotFoundError or alike, because
> I start with:
> python3 smth.py and_some_args.

this most likely means that python3 does not know anything about Sage,
i.e. the latter has its own,
different, installation of Python3, which you can start as

sage --python

HTH
Dmitrii