Communidade the Saligao-X.

     This is a very rare document. Kindly take note of this. In the  posting  NoVIII of the Communidade de Saligao, I gave the surnames of the various Vangor or Vangodd in general, besides Kulacharins. Kindly add among kulachars the surname “ Zuzarte”.

    Registration of ‘zonn’ of ganvkars of the twelve Votes or Vangodd( clans) as well as of Kulacharins Paustes and Taiquiles of the Communidade de Saligao of the year 1796.

      FIRST VOTE( Vangodd)

Rev. Fr Damiao DA CRUZ

Rev. Fr. Joao Bautista da Cruz

Xavier ,son of Joao da Cruz

Gabriel his son,

Joaquim his son,

Francisco his son,

 Caetano his son,

Agostinho his son.

Francisco, son of Cosme da Cruz,

Salvador his son,

 Gabriel his son.

Caetano Domingos da Cruz.

Constantino, son of Lourenco da Cruz

Manuel his son.

Salvador, son of Paulo da Cruz, V.M.( representative of the Vangodd)

Caetano his son,

Micael his son,

Aleixo his son,

Domingos Pedro da Cruz.

Sebastiam, son of Domingos Pedro da Cruz,

Luis his son.

Joao, son of Jacob da Cruz.

Jeronimo, son of Chrisostomo da Cruz.

Cosme da Cruz

Vicente, son of Avelino da Cruz

Bartolomeu, son of Salvador da Cruz.

Francisco, son of Salvador da Cruz.

Benjamim his son,

Luis his son.

Aleixo, son of Salvador da Cruz.

Urbano da Cruz.

Ricardo Francisco his son.

Orphans of Sebastiam da Cruz

Orphans of Caetano da Cruz.

Eusebio FURTADO.

Chrisostomo his son

Cristovao Furtado.

Jose Furtado,

Joao Bautista his son.

Jose, son of Antonio da Cruz,

Salvador, son of Joao da Cruz

Manoel his brother.

Caetano da Cruz.

Joao Vicente, son of Sebastiao Cruz.

Total-----------------------------------44

*New Zonn*

Manoel Antonio, son of Joaquim da Cruz

Manoel, son of Cosme da Cruz

Manoel, son of Lourenco da Cruz.

This documents comes into print today 12-07-2004 through Saligaonet.

V.M. means Voto Maior ,that is Representative of the Vangodd. Sometimes there are more than one representative when the group is big in that particular vangor. The accents(acentos) in Portuguese are very essential and the name have them in the document  Our system rejects these accents hence they are not given.

All zonnkars are equal in the12 vangodds of Saligao except on one instance which I mentioned in posting IX. Kindly note how many generations in his clan or household till now you may find.( Vide, ACTAS OU ASSENTOS E OUTROS SERVICOS( 1796), Communidade de Saligao, p.94.)

Compiled by Fr. Nascimento Mascarenhas.

 St. Andrew’s Church, Vasco da Gama

 12th July, 2004.