Dear Annette,
Have you forgotten Sakaram fogueiro? He entertained us during the salves
with his fire-works. Whenever he lit  the gun-powder sotri  he used to place
a blue cloth over his head so that his baren head( Khoddo) may not get
caught up in the fire. His house was very close to Mestre Eustaquino
D'Souza( Laura's father) in Pequeno Morod. Sakaram was a good man , very
much loved by the folks. I do not know if his house-hold were preparing
'papdde.' too, must ask daniel. His image is vivid in my mind. So Prof.
Johnny who knew him a figure in saligao used this word figuretively, as if
to say who does not know or by Sakaram.
Well I know who is Fr. Fox but this one I will reserve in secrecy unless Mr.
John carneiro wants to give it up.
Nice to know Vicente de Saligao, Luwell and others tried. That spirit of
Saligao depended also in the spirit of Bharein of that time.Nevertheless
compliments to them. I also know that they tried this formation of an Union
in Karachi, Nagpur etc.There is one in the Gulf. I hope some one will
respond. But I will find out for you. Much love. Fr. Nascimento
Mascarenhas..