>If it's NT or Windows 98 which won't let you read sector 10 then you
>basically seem to be asking people to write a working floppy device
>driver for Windows, which would seem to be the job of Microsoft...

According to the NT file system team, I can do it (as far as they know)
by getting a handle to the disk device. However, I can't do it from
win32; I have to drop to the NT subsystem.

>I wonder how easy it would be to port the Linux floppy driver over.
>Not that I know anything much about floppies.

Wouldn't work; security on the HAL would prevent the driver from
working, I'm guessing.

>imc
>
>PS we have someone here who would like to know the approximate location
>within the binary of Outlook Express 4 of the code which performs
(broken)
>line wrapping.  Do you get to look at source code or is that strictly
>kept within the relevant development team?

I don't get to look at source code without a *damn good reason*, and I'm
not sure whether I'm in the OS group or the Apps group. (Developer Tools
is a strange misfit; we straddle to an extent, it seems).

Not to mention the fact that Outlook Express 4 has gone through about
2000 build cycles since it came out, and the binary the source would
generate would be nothing like the one you've got.

Solution: download Outlook Express 5 beta. And if there's a problem
still, tell me and I'll file a bug.

But do it quick; they're at a stabilisation point at the moment, so if
you get me quickly, I can get them to put the fix in.

Simon (NSFSMFT)