Hi,

        I have been writing a Spectrum emulator as a distraction and am
starting to feel comfortable with the way the ZX Spectrum works. Not
that I care too much about the ZX Spectrum, because I had a SAM Coupe!
Unfortunately I was too young to know anything real about computers at
the time, and my 'technical' knowledge of the machine is limited to
roughly the resolutions of the modes (don't have a clue what mode 2 was
all about though, thinking in retrospect, was it something like Spectrum
style with a higher colour resolution?) and, ummm, the size of the
floppy discs!

        All I've found online is the unfinished technical manual at nvg, is
there anywhere else I can get information? Judging by the state and
number of the only available emulator compared to the state and number
of Spectrum emulators, I am assuming there is some complex voodoo going
on at some point, but there you go. How does a Z80B differ to a regular
Z80 anyway? And what about every other aspect of the machine?

        Any good online sources, or do I need to track down a copy of the
original, finished, technical manual?

                -Thomas