----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ledbury" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: Ah.

> Probably.

Yes, I did write a program back at the dawn of time which can do some
conversions. It was called PCSUITE and allowed a PC disk to be read and
written on the SAM and as an extra it also could convert, if I remember
correctly between Tasword/Outwrite, Wordmaster and standard PC text files.
It does this by adding or removing the CR, or the CR and LF characters, or
padding out the lines to a standard length. I think I still have a copy or
two somewhere so give me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.
Actually to save the good name of PCSUITE it isn't slower than KE-Disk (I
tested it) but KE-Disk works at a similar speed to PCSUITE in transparent
mode. However if you do not work in transparent mode and use PCSUITE to
convert between formats then it is indeed slow (very slow), but it's timed
to allow you to reach the fridge, get a beer and get back just as it's
finishing, or if it's not finished then it's probably best to drink the beer
and repeat from step 1.

Ian