To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 4:48 PM
Subject: NVG DSKification

I have been going through all my disks and making copies of the ones with bad sectors that I couldn't before the most lovely SamDisk2.0 was born.

I have also been going through NVG as I nicked an entire copy the other month and grabbing stuff that I haven't got locally and I realised that there are still a lot of TD0's, PAK and such others so I have decided to work my way through the NVG files and make them all DSK.

Before I start in earnest I thought it would be wise to check to make sure that no-one else has done this already, as it would be a good bit of pre-processing work for samcoupe.org.

With a nod towards the disk formats issue, I have decided unilaterally to go for DSK for several reasons:

1. It easy.
2. Most of the stuff on NVG is PD and not subject to odd formats.
3. DSK will hopefully be convertable to any future all-encompassing format (which I still strongly favour)

Anything I find with MaxiDOS is invariable broken even under TD0 so I will make a note to go hunting for it later, anything else I'll make a note of and leave it.

Dan.