Dan Doore wrote:
> Aley Keprt wrote:
>
> > DSK has no header, so it is good as long as it has .dsk
> file extension...
>
> They have indeed.
>
> > Well, and what is that "MaxiDOS"?
>
> Cookie's A-level Computer Studies project :-)
>
> It's a special format that uses extra tracks (81 and 82?) to
> store the DOS, leaving only 500-odd bytes as part of the real
> disc geometry used for DOS, thus allowing more space for your stuff.

Not just the DOS - there's also a screenshot which gets faded in and out
stored up there too. Tracks 80-83, both sides, IIRC.

Wish I had some more copies of that. That's yet another one of those disks
that I pretty much lost all of my originals, so only the DOS remains on a
few disks - like the Fred Freebie one.