On Jan 9, 2005, at 10:30 am, Aley Keprt wrote:

No, that's a reason why you don't like certain operating systems' assumption that a three letter extension can uniquely identify a file type. We know, for example, that a file 819200 bytes long doesn't represent a +3 disk.

.dsk is very convenient for simple images. But there have been discussions here of a more expandable disk format which we can adopt as standard, and we can call it what we like. Does .sam mean anything yet?

Andrew

--
 ---       Andrew Collier         ----
  ---- http://www.intensity.org.uk/ ---