Edwin Blink wrote:
> Hey I've got Lerm assembler on take ! I'm sure there where
> some things that where on tape

Shouldn't the archive aim to store software in its original format?  Some
titles were released on both disk and tape, so it would make sense to
preserve both disk and tape images, and not just the most convenient format.
Converting existing disk titles to tape files seems wrong to me, and would
also make them much less convenient for use on real machines.  Of course,
I've nothing against new software being written out as tape images if that's
what the author wants!

(my e-mail has been down recently, so apologies if I've missed anything that
has already covered this)

> until simcoupe has a 'replacement boot' feature (hint hint !)
> that boots dos from a virtual drive when attemting to boot
> from a nono bootable disk.

I've implemented a quick test version that does a temporary disk image
switch when attempting to boot from a non-bootable disk.  It loads only DOS
from the switched disk, returning to the original disk for the AUTO* file
search (if required).  In the options you just specify the path of the disk
image or .SBT file containing DOS.  Does that fit your requirements?

It might even be nice if SimCoupe had a built-in DOS image so the option
could be enabled by default, to help out new users...