>From what I remember, it just tries to boot whatever is the first file on
the disk. If this is SAM Dos then fine, if not then it fails.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aley Keprt
Sent: 13 January 2005 01:32
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: How ROM knowns wheter a disk is "bootable"

I have a little technical question: How does Sam ROM know whether the file
no.01 is DOS, or not? It doesn't blindly load anything there, is it? Does
"bootable" disk have some special contents in track 0, sector 1? Or possibly
the special contents are at track 4, sector 1? (I'd expect there is
something at track 0, sector 1, but I'm not sure what exactly. Please tell
me.)
Mgr.(MSc.) Ales Keprt (also known as Aley) [EMAIL PROTECTED] *** www.keprt.cz
*** ICQ: 82357182 Dept. of Computer Science, VSB Technical University
Ostrava, CZ - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - www.cs.vsb.cz