On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:14:04 +0000 Andrew Collier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 13:05, Aley Keprt wrote:
>
> > What procedure uses the regular SAMDOS2 to load
> > itself? It uses the standard procedure? I mean does it check two last bytes
> > of each sector to find the next one? I am suspicious about this. As fas as
> > remember sometimes I had hard times trying to add a DOS to a nonbootable
> > disk, and I always though it is not only the first sector, but whole SAMDOS
> > what must be placed at the start of the disk.
>
> It does read the last two bytes and interpret them in the usual way.

AFAIR, this only applies after the second sector, ie. the first
sector is read from track 4, sector 1, the next is read from track
4, sector 2. Then it continues in the usual way.

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø         | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ^
| Ericsson AS           | Isebakkeveien 49                  |