To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 2:50 AM
Subject: Re: How ROM knowns wheter a disk is "bootable"

I have a little technical question: How does Sam ROM know whether the file
no.01 is DOS, or not?

track 4 sector 1, offset $0100 the word "BOOT" bits 7 and 5 of each char is
ignored
If it finds it sector which was loaded at &8000 will be executed  &8009 as
the first 9 are part of
(inherited from GDOS) file header which is unused.

Edwin