Simon wrote:
> Spare space in the ROM is fairly limited and Edwin spent a while shaving
> extra bytes of his AL detection and booting code.  Still, with the
> Trinity being a single device on known ports, it might require less space

Evening,

Just sitting here thinking about about it, it could probably be done a lot
simpler with the Trinity. For the Trinity, space in the ROM would only have
to be found to fit in a very small routine to see if the Trinity is
connected and then if it is load an extra chunk of code from the onboard
128K EEPROM into memory.

It would then execute what it fetched from the EEPROM to load the full DOS
into memory. Although, why not then just go the whole way and store the DOS
in the 128K EEPROM to save having to fetch that from the SD card.

>From what I remember back when I was changing ROM3 for the Mayhem - removing
the copyright message and coloured bars would possibly be all that's
required to get enough room for the tiny chunk of code to fetch stuff from
the EEPROM.

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupe
1995-2009 - Celebrating 15 Years of developing for the SAM Coupe
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/