Dizzy...  Arrggh!!  I loathe those games!  :-))

Rob, if I were you I would be inclined to write your own code rather than try
to disassemble the
originals.  The complexity and/or "limit pushing" of the original game will
have a direct bearing on
whether the original code is likely to be understandable in a pure disassembled
form.  Remember,
none of the original source-code comments or labels will be available.  Not to
mention that areas
of data and code will not be immediately obvious.

If the original used unorthodox coding tricks, or the original coder wrote in
an unorthodox style,
it will be far simpler and quicker to write your own engine to do the tasks you
require for your
chosen game.

Disassembling other programs is good when you're learning Z80, and can help you
learn some
tips and little tricks in code and so on.  But a full-blown disassembly of a
complete program to a
stage where it becomes fully understandable and can be re-assembled on a
different system is
not something for the faint hearted!!

Don't let that put you off though...  If you feel the need then go for it!

Regarding Spectrum ports...  Why this road?  I would have though that the SAM's
16-colour
display would be more suited to many of the original (early/mid 80s) old-skool
coin-op arcade
games.  These games offer far more potential than colourising old Speccy titles!

Coin-op conversions...  You know it makes sense!!  ;-))

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "the_wub !" <the...@gmail.com>