Hi Warren,

The enclosure would still only work if the laptop motherboard had a regular
floppy controller chip, and I'd be surprised if any have included one in the
last 5 years.  The actual floppy drives themselves are pretty dumb, so it's all
about what you've got them connected to.  There are some modern USB-based
low-level floppy solutions, designed for software preservation, but they'd be
overkill for most SAM use (and cost 50GBP+).

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of the Trinity SD card format, but I think it's
pretty much the same BDOS format used by the Atom interfaces (perhaps using
Atom Lite byte ordering).  I remember there being an issue with some cards not
using 512-byte blocks, so it might be best if Colin filled you in on
compatibility.  Of course, you'll be working with the plain Atom emulation on
the SimCoupe side, as it doesn't emulate the Trinity interface.

SAMdisk supports BDOS devices too, so you can list, get directory listings of,
and copy to/from individual records.  If you already have a Trinity-format SD
card, try a  samdisk list  from a command prompt, to see if the media is
recognised.  If you're on Vista or Win7 you'll need to have launched the
command prompt with Administrator rights too, to have permission to open the
raw disk devices – the same applies to SimCoupe using them, for now.

Si