On 26 April 2011 15:55, Thomas Harte <tomh.retros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And we're told that a selectable screen start address was considered but
> not

possible in the current design

I'll be honest: until someone actually gives a proper reason why it couldn't
be done I won't really believe that that's true. Maybe no-one thought it
would be helpful. Maybe they did it but the ASIC didn't work properly. Maybe
Bruce and Alan didn't like shoot-em-ups :-). I dunno.

I do think it's a shame that no-one brought this up before they fabricated
30,000 ASICs or whatever it was. I remember one of the early Crash
interviews with UK Gold (I think) where their guy was saying "they may have
a problem moving the screen around". So it's not like no-one mentioned it
before launch.