On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:40:37 +0200, Rich Mellor <r...@rwapservices.co.uk> wrote:

There were two SCART leads with the computer, but neither seem to give an output.

That's strange. The ends should be labeled "TV" and "SAM COUPÉ" - if not, they are ordinary SCART leads and will not work, or even should not be used. (Why MGT thought of that is still a mystery to me.)

I seem to recall reading that the SCART is very different to normal.

Yupp.

My Sam has 512K memory, with piggy-backed RAM chips and a wire which runs across and is connected to one of the pins on the internal expansion port (to the right
of the disk drive).

Is this normal - as it seems an awkward way of connecting it!

Sounds like this cludge (ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines/SinclairFreakeren/Issue21/Pages/SinclairFreakeren2100021.jpg) with the description on the page before (in Norwegian).

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø | email: fr...@tennebo.com | Frode@IRC ^
|  with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;  |