Previously I wrote:
>> It should still be possible to add a USB sound device, at the cost of
>> one USB port.  Hopefully not too much extra latency either.

I've just tested this out with my HP Microserver Linux box, which also
lacks sound hardware.  I had a USB sound device that came with my
Sennheiser headset, which I don't normally use with my PC.

I just plugged the USB widget in, fired up SimCoupe over a remote X
session and it ran fine with sound (new sound-sync code too).  No
noticeable difference in latency either.

On 17/02/2012 20:27, da...@properbastard.co.uk wrote:
> Perhaps it's possible to emulate a simulated accelerated SAM then :)

There will be choice of running speed, though it'll still be 6MHz from
SAM's point of view.  True acceleration would break any time-critical
effects, and ASIC contention would eat much of the extra speed anyway.