----- Original Message ----- From: "Chmielewski" <retr...@gmail.com>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 12:01 AM
Subject: Re: Prototype of case for planed new computer SAM COUPE 2

Case on my picture is only one of more possible versions. I plan also
other cases. Main board will small (mini itx format) and will support
different additional boards with connectors. See here:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/SAMCLONE_PANEL2.JPG
Thats really cool. Does this mean, it will be possible to use ZX
Spectrum interfaces directly?
Yes. You can connect SAM COUPE interfaces and ZX interfaces.

Will possible use also similar board for install to original SAM COUPE
case, different version to MINI ITX case and different to my cases.
SAM 2 is not only clone. Enable good compatibility with ZX128 and
faster graphic operations, rom reflashing, rom emulation... This
project is primarily maked for me and my friends, but will possible
make more pieces.
I'm your friend, please! I want one or two of these.
You said, it will have Text mode. Can the Text characters be redefined?
Which other graphics modes are planed?
Text modes will usable in color modes 16c/pixel and in hi-res mode(also color pixels). Yes, font will in ram. New graphic mode will 256x192/256 colors each pixel and may be also 512x192/256c.

Big part of USB/PS2 keyboards have ghosting effect and not support
some keys combinations in ZX games. For example problems with SINCLAIR
joysticks, QWERT, CURSORS+0, QAOP+SPACE, etc... Laptop keyboard
contain only membrane, but is possible with software filter eliminate
ghosting effect. And TOSHIBA SATELLITE laptop keyboards support most
popular keys combinations in ZX games. Info about PC keyboard ghosting
test:
http://speccy.pl/forum/index.php/topic,1221.msg14678.html#msg14678

High priority is for me keyboard with usable keys combinations in
games. Laptop keyboard is small, cheap and is possible buy each type
more years after release. SAM 2 use universal adapter for connect any
laptop keyboard and will use define keys after first connect new
keyboard (any membrane). Each user can define own keys layout.

Excellent, but I hope, you can use also original SAM membranes in a SAM
case.
Yes. All membranes will usable. ZX membrane, +2A/+3 membrane, laptom keyboards, sam coupe membrane, membrane from any PS/2 or USB keyboards... Keyboard module use software autodetection on all pins of connected membrane. If you connect any new membrane, must be call software test which test membrane state during pressing key by key. After detect all states save new configuration for your keyboard. Membrane is under software controll thanks to second CPU Z80. All software for second CPU will be in assembler Z80 and rewritable direct from computer :-)

LCD
----- Original Message ----- From: "Aleš Keprt" <a...@keprt.cz>