Hi,

I'm setting some Ubuntu Karmic clients on a school net. PDC is windows 2k3 r2. I realized that DHCP server sends only "school", not "school.net" as domain name. I have been told that AD configuration was migrated "as is" from an older windows release. I used a "supersede" line on client's dhcp.conf to get a correct domain name. I'm not authorized to do any configuration change on PDC but could see the event log, etc.

Client machines are dual booted: XP client and Ubuntu client on the same machine get different unique names. Ubuntu clients are configured following the guides available on the Net, and are working quite well: domain users can logon and shares are mounted.

But XP and Ubuntu keep dropping each other out of domain. Any ideas?

TIA
Roman