? I didn't hijack a thread... this is a mailing list. All I did was hit reply list to a random email, cleaned out the messages & subject and started a new thread. How is that wrong..?

I did try your suggestion, and it doesn't do anything but interrupt the operation... and I get an "Operation could not be completed error." Which makes sense...