I have searched this list and googled for examples, but have not found the answer to this question:

I would have thought that all the lines in the smb.conf was setting up an auto mount of the home share, and I did not have to put it in the logon.bat script. I have:

    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
    logon drive = q:
    logon home = \\hda\%u

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    read only = no
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
    create mask = 0640
    directory mask = 0750

I would have thought that user john would have a share of q: of \\hda\john but this is not happening. I am seeing this share if I browse the server.

Or do I HAVE to have an entry in the logon.bat of:

net use q: \\hda\%u /persistent:no

?