On 10/20/2010 11:01 PM, Chris Smith wrote:
On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Robert Moskowitz<r...@htt-consult.com> wrote:
I would have thought that all the lines in the smb.conf was setting up an auto mount of the home share, and I did not have to put it in the logon.bat
script. I have:
The systems have to be domain members and the users must be domain
users and logging on to the domain (not the local system).

I added the system to the domain successfully and now I get the log onto domain option. I used a user I created on the server, is there something special to define a domain user? And yes I logged onto the domain, creating a domain user on the system (user.domain).

You may also need the [netlogon] share (although the logon script does not
need to explicilty create map the "home" drive).

The logon.bat is executing. I am getting all the shares from the bat file. I see the netlogon share and can mount it and open the logon.bat file.

Also your "logon home" looks possibly suspect, I have "logon home = \\%N\%U" (the
default) on several servers (for years now) and they all work (for
hundreds of users). Where are you getting your documentation? When in
doubt don't fuck with the defaults (man smb.conf) unless you know what
you're doing and have a very good reason.

This is what the developers of the Amahi.org distro have set up. hda is the Netbios name of the server. Does the case (%u instead of %U) matter? There is a bit to changing this if needed; I have to edit the script that builds smb.conf.

Well I just made the change and now it is working. Now to find out if it is %N (how can I find out its value?) or %U.

Testing shows it is the %u instead of %U that is the error. Seems to be case sensitive. \\hda or \\%N both work.

So I will file a bug report to the Amahi developers. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.