On 12/08/12 09:31, steve wrote:
On 08/11/2012 01:10 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 11:21 +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
Hallo, Andrew,

Du meintest am 11.08.12:

Hi
Does this mean having one Samba4 machine as the DC and another Samba4
(e.g. Vbox) machine joined to it as a member to act as fileserver?
Cheers,
Steve

But hang on. That wouldn't work either. Would we need to completely ditch s3fs for rfc2307 to work? What's wrong with nss-ldapd instead, or in the meanwhile until winbind and s3fs catches up?

How would I setup the a recommended, official Samba fileserver? Is it a Samba 3.6 machine on VBox?

Normally, I create a user on the DC, give him rfc2307 classes and attributes and create his home directory.

When the user is created, I also create the whole of his login to both Linux and windows machines. I can do that with the DC and fileserver as the same machine by bypassing winbind and using nss-pam-ldapd. All the user has to do is choose whether to use a Linux or windows box.

Confused. . .
Cheers, Steve