With Windows7, the 1st account you create during the initial setup is typically a member of the local admin group. The actual "Administrator" account is normally disabled. Did this 1st account get deleted?

When you joined the domain, the Domain Admin's groups should have been added to the local Admin group.

This can get messed up if your group mappings are not set up correctly.

Also, I think when running the "net" command you may want to use "-U Administrator" to use the credentials of your domain Administrator account (assuming one has been defined.) In my setup the unix root does not have a samba account.