Have you tried logging into the PC using the samba domain administrator account?

Assuming the PC was properly joined to the domain then you should be able to configure the local accounts and groups.

You can create domain group that is then a member of the PC's local administrator group. This will allow you do defined samba users who are PC administrators but NOT domain administrators.

Whomever joins a PC to a domain needs to be both a local administrator on that computer and (in most cases) have domain administrator credentials. (If the machine account was created in advance then the domain administrator credentials should not be needed.)

Are you sure the PC was joined to the domain?