On 9/26/2013 10:24 AM, Kevin Field wrote:

Thanks John, but I meant more so is there a way to have it look at the
total size of the recycle dir too?  I.e. only delete stale files when it
needs to to stay within a limit, and also even delete not-so-stale files
if it needs to because there have been too many GB deleted lately to
keep 30 days worth (or whatever) around?

The easiest way would be to do a for loop in bash that starts at say 90 days, does the "find/remove" command at the 90+ day mark, then checks the output of "du -cks /path/to/recycle/bin". Once you get below the target kilobytes, you break out of the loop. Otherwise you lower your target mtime value (by 1 or by 7), delete some more files, and check again.

So nothing in the recycle bin would be older then 90 days, and it would always stay below your target size.