Hello Amanda,

Am 25.09.2013 19:57, schrieb Hicks, Amanda:
Our windows clients can access samba but we have
> a user using linux in a virtual box that is getting
> permission errors when trying to access the share.
> Can someone give direction to samples with Linux
> client smb.conf?

You are giving to less information, to provide any help.

- Is the Linux in VB in the same network than the server? Or maybe the VB network is using NAT to connect?

- Anything in the logfiles on the Samba server? At least you should see the connection try. If not, increase the loglevel to 2 or 3.

- Any firewall on the VB Linux or on it's host? Or between them and the server?

- ....

Regards,
Marc