Yes, I'm using the ntconfig.POL for XP users.  by 'default' I'm referring
to the default profile for new users.  I use the copy facility to copy a
default profile on top of the new users (local) profile on their machine,
then log on as that user and log out (which copies the 'new' profile) to
the server.  I would have used the 'default user' profile (placed in the
netlogon share), but I've noticed a few differences between Win2K and WinXP
so I do it manually instead.

Joseph Morin
Dominion Diagnostics

             "Jesse Jacobs"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             p.net>                                                     To
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             02/06/2003 12:37                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Samba] Win98 policies,profiles
                                       and logon scripts

Hello again Joe,

Thanks for the prompt responce :)

Are u using the NTConfig.pol file for XP? What do u mean by 'default'?
Local-policy?

Thanks again :)

J.

> Hi Jesse,
>       I didn't get the 'group' policies working.  All my users will have
> the same policy applied, so I just used the default user policy (for
> both Win2k and WinXP).  I did notice a difference between Win2k and
> WinXP profiles though.  I use a different 'default' profile for Win2k
> and WinXP. I'd love to get group policies working, but right now it's
> not an issue for me.  When I try to add a group to the policy, all I see
> is the domain admin group, I haven't tried using it in a policy though.
> Sorry I couldn't offer more info.
>
> Joseph Morin
> Dominion Diagnostics
>

>              "Jesse Jacobs"
>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       p.net>

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>              02/06/2003 12:24
> cc  PM                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject