Hallo!!!

I use samba 3.0 final with debian unstable. I have configured the smb.conf with "swat".

  ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap machine suffix: ou=machines
  ldap user suffix: ou=people
  ldap group suffix: ou=groups
  ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap
  ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

at the next run of "swat" it has changed as follows:
  ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap machine suffix: ou=machines,dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap user suffix: ou=people,dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap group suffix: ou=groups,dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap,dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

at the next run of "swat" it has changed as follows:
  ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap machine suffix: ou=machines,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=dasr...
  ldap user suffix: ou=people,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
  ldap group suffix: ou=groups,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
  ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...
  ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home,dc=home,dc=dasr...

and so on...

but "pdbedit" will only work with this:
  ldap suffix: dc=dasralph,dc=home
  ldap machine suffix: ou=machines
  ldap user suffix: ou=people
  ldap group suffix: ou=groups
  ldap idmap suffix: ou=idmap
  ldap admin dn: cn=admin,dc=dasralph,dc=home

is it a bug???

ralph